Creating a colour palette for your wedding can simplify the planning process, while at the same time tends to give your vendors, designers and assistants a precise understanding of your vision.
Here's a taste of what we've been up to over the last month or so. Enjoy!
So many wonderful events took place over the month of February, with such a whirlwind of activity we just didn't get around to sharing what has been happening. With all the beautiful flowers we had in around Valentine's Day, these wedding flowers were simply breathtaking. When we started the planning process with the bride we knew that this was going to be a fun wedding. Jewel tones were the specified colours while elements like seasonal greens, roving, yarn alongside birch poles and birch bark were used to represent the couples hobbies and lives. The bride was ecstatic!
Buttonholes & Corsages
Valentine's Day is a mere 5 days away, the busiest day of year for us is here! Reflecting back upon all the years worked in this industry I realize this isn't only a busy time of year for us, but also a bit of a hectic time for people looking to buy that perfect gift to show their love.
The pressure in finding the perfect eco flowers can be a bit tough, and since the options are endless this process is made all the harder. To make this holiday a breeze for all, we thought we'd set you up with tools to make flower buying a breeze this Valentines.
Valentine's Day Checklist
1. Don't leave it 'til the last minute, this always creates a hectic feeling around the day.
2. Know the colour palate that your significant other loves or leave it to us.
3. Order an original design just for your sweetie: Getting the same thing from year to year? It's time to spice things up and just hand the reigns over to the designers and have them blow your mind!
4. Make sure that the recipient is at home or work for the delivery. Have the parcel delivered to your workplace so that you can have the flowers in hand for that personal delivery.
5. Start writing your card message now to leave a meaningful mark on this Valentine's Day. A well thought out message is very meaningful.
Valentine's Day can be a memorable day for everybody, put Friday, February 14th on your calendar! Five days is ample time to plan an amazing evening together!
To place your order click here.
January has been exciting and frosty! We started the month with an 'End of 2013 Sale' that sent many of our plants to new homes. With the store completely cleared out we were able to bring in more plants varieties that we just didn't have the space for prior to the sale. Alongside that, there were private parties, weddings and corporate events that had us designing without stop. We found that being surrounded by so many gorgeous flowers and lovely colours was our saving grace throughout this cold, cold winter.
Buckets of local tulips, viburnum, cymbidium orchids and kale filled the store, creating a perfect spring time feel throughout. We have been enjoying this so much that we just had to share some photos with you, give you a break from the snow and cold and let you into our world of flowers!