ecostems has a large selection of green tropical plants. We'll help fit a plant to your specific requirements. Drop by and have a look or have one delivered!
We have green tropical plants for any space. Some plants are very easy to care for, others would be best suited to the green thumbed among us. There are leaves with silver, white or light green variegation. Plants for dry and sunny conditions or for humid and low light. We'll help you choose one that's best for your situation. Have a look below.
Most of these plants (except Ferns) have the potential to flower but are appreciated for their unique foliage and overall habit.
Place an order online, order by telephone at 416-214-6479 or drop by 364A King Street East to browse our selection.
Kamal Meattle: How to grow fresh air
The Best Plants to Purify the Air
- Philodendron scandens 'Oxycardium', Heartleaf Philodendron
- Philodendron domesticum, Elephant Ear Philodendron
- Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana', Corn Palm
- Hedera helix, English ivy
- Chlorophytum comosum, Spider Plant
- Dracaena deremensis 'Janet Craig', Janet Craig Dracaena
- Dracaena deremensis 'Warneckii', Warnecki Dracaena
- Ficus benjamina, Weeping Fig
- Epipiremnum aureum, Golden Pothos
- Spathiphyllum Wallisii, Peace Lily
- Philodendron selloum, Selloum Philodendron
- Aglaonema modestum, Chinese Evergreen
- Chamaedorea seifritzii, Reed Palm
- Sansevieria trifasciata, Snake Plant
- Monstera deliciosa, Swiss Cheese Plant
All of the plants in this list are either in stock or we can have them here within 5 business days.
eco|stems has a large selection of easy care indoor tropical plants perfect for your office. Have us drop in for a consultation to see what plants will work best in your office space.
Seasonal Outdoor Decorative Planters
Have us fill your outdoor planters or urns with seasonal foliage plants, flowering plants and branches to create street presence and wow factor!
Ten Plant Rules to Live By
DON'T DROWN THEM
Roots need air in the soil to be healthy. Constantly saturated soil will kill most indoor plants.
GIVE THEM A REST
Most plants require a rest. Less water, fertilizer and warmth in winter.
ACCEPT THE LOSS OF 'TEMPORARY PLANTS'
Most seasonal flowering plants die down within weeks. You've done nothing wrong.
GIVE THEM EXTRA HUMIDITY
Misting is very beneficial to most plants. Canadian homes are desert like in the winter.
TREAT TROUBLE PROMPTLY
Plants sometimes get pests and other care problems. Address anything out of the ordinary.
GROUP THEM TOGETHER
Plants look better and grow better when grouped together.
LEARN TO REPOT
After a year or two most plants require repotting. We can help with that, bring them in!
Make sure you choose a plant that will thrive with the light conditions you have.
Have a watering can, misting bottle, potting soil, pottery, fertilizer, pruners on hand to ensure you're able to easily and efficiently care for your plants.
KNOW YOUR PLANT'S SPECIFIC NEEDS
For success know each plants' unique set of light, water and humidity requirements. Buy a reputable plant book, we recommend The House Plant Expert by Dr. D. G. Hessayon.
Snake Plants are an indestructible house plant. This is an easy care plant, perfect for most light situations. Sansevieria is a great air purifier perfect for the bedroom as it releases its oxygen at night. In a decorative pot. Various sizes.
The Chinese Evergreen features lovely silver variegated foliage. This is an easy care plant, perfect for a lower light situation. In a decorative pot. 12-18" tall with a 6" diametre pot size.
The Staghorn Fern is one of the few easy-to-grow species. A very unique looking plant with its antler light fronds. In a decorative pot. Standing about 15-20" tall in a 6" diametre pot size.
ZZ Plants are an easy care, indestructible house plant. They are perfect for most light situations but prefer bright indirect light. Offering a more modern aesthetic to any space. In a decorative pot. Several sizes.
Plants for Beginners
Looking to find a plant for your space but haven't been good at plant maintenance and keeping them alive in the past? Below are some indoor tropical plants that are extremely easy to care for and will help revitalize your relationship with plants.
These indoor tropical plants require a moderate amount of care. They aren't as easy as the above options but aren't as much of a challenge as the ones below. These plants are best for the person who has had a bit more experience with indoor plants.
For the Green Thumb
For those of us with a green thumb, sometime the hardest part in plant shopping comes with never having enough plants. Below are some indoor tropical plants that will stimulate even the best of green thumbs.
Some things to remember when making your indoor tropical plant purchase:
- All plants go through shock when changing locations. Allow it to adjust naturally.
- Purchase from a reputable store that can provide you with the plant name and care requirements as well as vouch for plant quality and hardiness.
- Purchase more delicate plants between the Spring and Autumn to reduce the risk of freezing.
- Make sure your plant is properly wrapped and protected before you go outdoors in cold weather.
- Make sure the space you are putting your tropical plant in has the right conditions (light, temperature, humidity, etc.) needed for the plant to flourish.